I often write some sort of ode to my mom on Mothers Day, but I always have difficulty writing something for Fathers Day. My dad would probably roll his eyes and giggle nervously if I wrote about him here, so I tend to shy away from it.
But not writing about him on Fathers Day would misconstrue reality.
My dad is my best friend, bar none. I admire the decisions he made when I was a child and I’m grateful for the childhood he provided. And now, as I continue to become a man, I’m increasingly grateful for the guidance he provides along the way.
Let’s pour one out for all the Fathers out there.
- A Walk Around the Lake — (Atle Rønningen Photography) via Dan Hawk
- Negativity — (Ben Brooks)
- Sony A7 with the Canon 50mm f/0.95 Dream Lens — (Paul Marbrook)
- Working From Home: My Desk Setup — (Alex Cornell)
- On Writing — (The Brooks Review)
- Sharing pictures from a dedicated camera on Instagram: what works and what needs fixing — (Analog Senses)
- Men Adrift — (The Economist)
- How I Packed for a Three Month World Trip — (Kiwi Monk) via Tools & Toys
- 32 used Field Notes — (Hjertnes.me)
- Photos from 3 Gorgeous Jurassic World Filming Locations — (500px Blog)
- My Experience-based Apple Watch Review — (Ryan Cash)
- Logitech K480 Keyboard: A Review — (The Pickle Theory)
- 30 Minutes of Fame: Hands on with the Leica Q — (Bmupix)
- Fight — (Shawn Blanc)
- Why Freelancers Are So Depressed — (Fast Company) via Analog Senses
- Moleskine Alternatives — (The Pen Addict)
- Watch the First HD Footage of Earth from the International Space Station — (Popular Science)
- The 19-day, 57-storey skyscraper — (things magazine)
- Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2 & 85mm f/1.8 Hands-on — (DigitalRev)
- I quit the tech industry — (fuzzy notepad)
Happy Sunday and Happy Fathers Day.