Most provinces in Canada are enjoying the February long weekend this weekend. In Manitoba, we celebrate the heroic (or traitorous, depending on how you look at the historical situation) Louis Riel. Other provinces celebrate Family Day.
A mid-winter long weekend like this is great and allows for some much needed R&R catchup. In my case, R&R will probably turn into homework. But I can’t complain.
So, Happy Louis Riel day from my home to yours. If you aren’t lucky enough to be in the middle of a long weekend, get into routine and begin the day with the links below.
- It’s Kind of Cheesy Being Green — (Paul Ford via Audacious Fox)
- Japan — (On the Roofs)
- A Home in the Clouds — (The New York Times)
- Workflow 1.1: Deeper iOS Automation — (MacStories)
- White Spaces — (M.G. Siegler)
- First few image samples taken with the Voigtländer Nokton 10,5 mm f/0,95 lens! — (DSLR Magazine via 4/3 Rumors)
- How I Shot a Flipped Iceberg in Antarctica — (Alex Cornell)
- The Pocket Pens — (The Brooks Review)
- DDC Playing Card Set “Thick Lines” Edition — (Three Staples)
- The Quotable David Carr — (The New York Times)
- On Kicking Ass — (Patrick Rhone)
- Procrastination — (Shawn Blanc)
- Paper Pastries Wooden Border Stencil — (Modern Stationer)
- Carl Icahn Issues Letter to Twitter Followers Regarding Apple — (Shareholders’ Square Table)
- How to Make Writing a Part of Your Daily Routine — (Everyday Carry)
- Point Reyes — (Paul Stamatiou)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Vinyl — (Tools & Toys)
- The Trials and Tribulations of Amazon — (Jason Stoddard via Marco.org)
- Crazy Idea: USB Hub For New MacBook Air With Type C Connector That Charges With Lightning — (Scotty Loveless)
- Think Tank Retrospective 5 Review — (Less Gear, More Photos)
I was playing around with the Olympus iOS app — which has been updated for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus! — and used the live view to snap this photo. It was a neat experiment.