It’s been somewhat difficult to hold back my opinions on 9to5Mac’s major unveiling of the 12” MacBook Air. The design looks amazing and the stripping of I/O ports appears to be a unique decision. If Apple is able to bring the retina display to the 21.5” iMac, the summer will shape up to be a monumental hit on our pocketbooks.
With that article in mind, you’ll find a couple Apple links below which outline some thoughts on the purported 12” Air.
Lastly, I’ve fallen prey this past week to immense gear lust. I vowed this would never take hold of me, but here I am eyeing up another Olympus lens. Someone send help.
- 52 Places to Go in 2015 — (The New York Times)
- Budgeting for Fountain Pens and Other Fun — (Modern Stationer)
- Ten Years of Mac mini — (Macminicolo.net)
- A Teenager’s View on Social Media — (Backchannel)
- Whittling Down The MacBook To An iPad — (MG Siegler)
- Learning Cursive Handwriting All Over Again — (Write Analog)
- The Worst Board Games Ever Invented — (FiveThirtyEight)
- Hubble and M16: Revisiting the Pillars of Creation — (Slate)
- Field Notes Vending Machine — (Field Notes Brand)
- The best RSS reader for OS X: Reeder — (The Sweet Setup)
- Lessons from Building an Open Source Product from $0 to $350,000/year — (Ghost Blog)
- My First iOS App — (Crate of Penguins)
- All The Things — (Fifty Foot Shadows)
- The Case for Getting Married Young — (The Atlantic)
- Adrian Carton de Wiart: The unkillable soldier — (BBC News)
- The Rich are Getting Richer in China — (GQ)
- Never Buy a Phone Again — (WIRED)
- Apple has lost the functional high ground — (Marco.org)
- Hit the Reset Button in Your Brain — (The New York Times)
- Best of 2014: Top 10 Black & White Photos — (500px)