I hope everyone had an incredibly relaxing and rejuvenating Christmas week. Southern Manitoba was treated to warm weather and a nice snowfall yesterday, creating awesome backdrops for beautiful photos.
I ran impulsively to the camera store on Boxing Day and jumped on a Boxing Week sale of the Olympus 75mm f/1.8 portrait lens. It’s gorgeous. It takes stunning photos. And it oozes a premium feeling all over. Check back this week for the first few shots with the new toy.
If you still have some holidays and plan to spend some of the extra time with friends and family, ignore this weekend’s Sunday Edition. Friends and family are more important. If you don’t have anything planned or you’re tired of visiting and catching up, the next few links are a good excuse to get away for a bit.
- Withings Activité Review — (The Verge)
- I Will Not Post This — (Dave Pell)
- Winners of the 2014 National Geographic Photo Contest — (The Atlantic)
- Every Intern Deserves Equity — (Anish Acharya)
- 6 things I learned from riding in a Google Self-Driving Car — (The Oatmeal)
- Merry — (Daring Fireball)
- Overthinking Pen Travel — (The Pen Addict)
- Pilot Vanishing Point Matte Black Review — (Pen & Design)
- Seoul - MM Travel Guide - 14 — (Minimally Minimal)
- In search of lost time: Why is everyone so busy? — (The Economist)
- Bailey the Christmas Puppy — (Dan Hawk)
- Fuji X100T Review — (Peter Davison)
Happy Sunday. And enjoy the last half-week of the 2014 calendar year.