‘Twas the Sunday before Christmas, when all thro’ the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
It may be a bit quieter around here over the next seven days. Christmas has become far less about celebration and far more about rest, rejuvenation, sharing smiles, and passing on the joy of the season. This has hit home this year more so than any year before — we have spent next to nothing on Christmas gifts. I like it this way. Christmas is far more Christmas when gift-giving isn’t involved and when R&R is the only task on the to-do list.
So, with that in mind, I plan on grabbing a glass of my favourite scotch sometime during the week and enjoying it with my family and close friends. If you feel like doing the same, don’t forget to do some reading while you’re at it.
- Quality Recipes — (Tools and Toys)
- Aaron Draplin Takes On a Logo Design Challenge — (Vimeo)
- Field Notes Journal — (Kordumb)
- Minecraft’s Creator Buys The Most Expensive House In Beverly Hills — (Kotaku)
- Color photos of the NYC subway from 1966 — (Gizmodo)
- The Art of Making a Book — (The Cramped)
- My Must-Have iPad Apps, 2014 Edition — (MacStories)
- *Voigtländer Nokton 42.5mm f/0.95 review… dayum. — (Tyson Robichaud Photo-blography)
- A Geek’s Introduction to Whisky: Glenmorangie 12 Year Old - The Quinta Ruban — (Analog Senses)
- Iceland — (Josiah Wiebe)
- I spend $11,000 a year on takeout! — (New York Post)
- Field Notes Cherry Wood vs. Shelterwood — (The Well-Appointed Desk)
- Stunning Product Photography with an iPhone and a Desk Lamp — (Fstoppers)
Happy Sunday. And Merry Christmas.