On an entirely different note from the rest of the stuff I like to talk about, I want to express my pride in how we as a country have dealt with the shooting on Parliament Hill in Ottawa.
There is always concern that screen time gives terrorists and criminals the power they desire. Yet, few people I have talked to even know the shooter’s name. Most people know he was Canadian and from somewhere in Quebec, but generally that’s the depth of it.
In contrast, the media has put themselves firmly behind the death and sacrifice of Cpl. Nathan Cirillo. Yesterday’s NHL game in Ottawa is a fantastic example of how we as a nation have come together to mourn and move forward.
Our American friends are trailblazers in so many cultural and political ventures. But, this time, the US media could take a few clues from the impressive Canadian media up north.
Enjoy these reads this Sunday afternoon.
- Baron Fig Apprentice Review – (Modern Stationer)
- The Felt Case Mini iPad Sleeve – (Tools and Toys)
- The Travel Bag Review – (The Brooks Review)
- What we give away when we log on to a public Wi-Fi network – (The Correspondent)
- This 10 Week Solargraph Pinhole Image Was Shot With a Beer Can – (The Phoblographer)
- Review: 27-inch iMac with Retina 5K Display – (Six Colors)
- The iPad Air 2 (And a Few Cursory Words Regarding the iPad Mini 3) – (Daring Fireball)
- OmniFocus 2 — Our favorite productivity and GTD app suite for Mac, iPhone, and iPad – (The Sweet Setup)
- Not for Me – (Minimal Mac)
- Audi A6 Prestige 3.0 TFSI – (Minimally Minimal)
- The Diminished iPad – (Stratechery)
- Does the Apple SIM Mean It’s Time for LTE Macs? – (Scotty Loveless)