Pens and paper took the backstage this week as Apple stepped into the spotlight.
Many have pointed out that the constant evaluation and analysis of the techosphere can be distraught and agonizing. Ninety-nine percent of the time, I couldn’t agree more. But for weeks such as these, one can’t help but be fascinated with the implications of new technology.
With the philosophical out of the way, I’ll state that I ordered a Space Grey 64GB iPhone 6 Plus. If I’m being entirely honest, I’m slightly nervous about the massive screen. I’m sure it will significantly change how I use my iPhone. However, I couldn’t get past the fact that I didn’t want the smaller iPhone. Why buy something I’m not giddy about?
Further, I’m super excited to see the impact the Apple Watch has on iPhone screen size purchasing. Pulling out a big iPhone from a pocket or bag will be cumbersome, no doubt. Strapping an Apple Watch to your wrist and glancing at incoming notifications should help alleviate the inconvenience of whipping an iPhone out of a bag. I won’t be the first to buy an Apple Watch as I want to see how people actually use it, but I’m willing to bet the Apple Watch will have a great impact on how big an iPhone we choose to buy.
With that said, below is a list of links that pertain largely to Apple’s recent product unveilings and the new Apple Watch. For the sake of serving all my interests, a few other links have been included as well.
- An Even More Personal Computer – (Minimal Mac)
- Apple Watch: Asking Why And Saying No – (Stratechery)
- The Infamous Nature of Being a Dick – (The Brooks Review)
- Review: Franklin-Christoph “Christoph” Music Nib – (Gourmet Pens)
- Fuji X100T :: First Look – (Ded Pxl)
- Not a Hobby – (Rands in Repose)
- A Watch Guy’s Thoughts On The Apple Watch After Seeing It In The Metal – (Hodinkee)
- One World Trade Center: how New York tried to rebuild its soul – (Jason Farago — The Guardian)