I have been advised by a friend that the best way to bring consistency to my writing is by following a style guide. This guide is almost a direct rip-off of Kyle’s guide.
This document will serve as The Newsprint’s unique style guide and will evolve over time.
- Title capitalization.
- Comma use.
- Oxford comma: This, that, and the other thing.
- Possessive plural: Attach a single apostrophe: The Olympus’ lens is sharp.
- Colons: Capitalize the first letter of a complete sentence after a colon.
- “A couple of weeks ago” becomes “A couple weeks ago”.
- “The monthly budget that I created” becomes “The monthly budget I created”.
- Em dash: Spaces before and after the use of an em dash: You are the friend — the only friend — to help me.
- Audacious Fox
- Colors Edition
- Learnt, instead of learned
- Micro 4/3
- Overtime (noun)
- Over time (as time passes)
- Past (noun, adjective)
- Passed (verb; past participle)
- The New York Times
- Tools & Toys
This is a block quote, for those typographically and stylistically minded folk out there.